IOPC2 isn't a mature product. It was not tested in a real database application - it was developed only as a part of a master's thesis. The following list summarizes the major limitations and things to be done.
- Lack of a persistable data type representing a list of references or other relation type (many-to-many, ...). IOPC2 currently supports only simple references between persistent objects.
- Reflection works only with class attributes. Methods, nested classes, typedefs etc. are not recognized.
- ADT mapping should support more object-relational features like object references, collection types and other.
- Implement more database drivers - Oracle 11g, MySQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL, ...
- Testing, testing, testing, ...